Why Gorgeous Virtual Relay?
- Each week during the month of September we'll have themes and PHOTO CONTEST PRIZES.
- Registered runners will receive running tips and motivation from run and fitness coaches.
- All registered runners are automatically entered to win RAFFLE PRIZES.
- Every registered runner receives a coupon code good for 10% OFF from our wonderful friends at FOOT TRAFFIC throughout the month of August. SHOP LOCAL!
- Everyone is welcome at this #nosweep event. Run or walk wherever you are, whenever you can in the month of September.
- Be social and meet new friends virtually (for now) with a group of like minded runners and walkers.
- We're also raising money for the charities we support with the relays every year.
Charity Athlete Team (up to 6 runners)*
Regular Team (5 or 6 runners)
Extra Credit (3 or 4 runners)
Dynamic Duo (2 runners)
Hard Core (one runner)
*One slot available for American Cancer Society, see Charities page for details.
July 30 - Sept 30
What is a Virtual Relay? Gorgeous Running together - wherever we are!
- We've assigned the length of each leg based on our dream Gorgeous Relay course.
- Teams run (or walk) the legs in order, one at a time, wherever you are!
- When you finish your assigned leg(s), let your next teammate know so they can start their leg. We're designing the event as a one day relay. BUT - this is a No Sweep event! Walk, run, skip - up to you!
- You upload your distance (and time if you'd like) to your team's page to see your virtual progress on a map through the Columbia Gorge. Results page and links will be live in August.
I'm in! What do I do?
- Register. Registration is just $5 per person. Swag = great prizes in our photo contests and raffles!
- Decide when your team will run. We encourage you to participate on 2020 Gorgeous Relay day Sunday, September 13 but the event is open throughout September if another day is better, or - enter twice!
- Print your bib, put on your best Gorgeous gear and go!
- After as each team member finishes their leg, they need to upload the distance (and time if you'd like) to your team's page to see your virtual progress through the Columbia Gorge. Results page and links will be live late in August.
- Share photos of your day to inspire your team, and each other. Use #GVR2020 and #imagorgeousrunner to follow along with other teams. Tag us @imagorgeousrunner or Facebook.com/gorgeousseries.com to get added to the social media story, and enter to Win Prizes in photo contest categories!
- NEW - snag a 2020 Gorgeous Runner buff! We use the 2016 Gorgeous Relay buff constantly these days. Pulls up and down easily when you need to pass someone on the sidewalk or trail. Get one online or during registration. Ships on arrival in late August.