Why Gorgeous Virtual Relay?
- Enter to win PRIZES all month in our PHOTO CONTEST and RAFFLE!
- Registered runners will receive running tips and motivation from run and fitness coaches.
- Every registered runner receives a coupon code good for 10% OFF from our wonderful friends at FOOT TRAFFIC throughout the month of August. SHOP LOCAL!
- Everyone is welcome at this #nosweep event. Run or walk wherever you are, any time in September. (EXTENDED through 10/4/20!)
- Be social and meet new friends virtually (for now) with a group of like minded runners and walkers.
- We're also raising money for the Charities we support with the relays every year.
Charity Athlete Team (up to 6 runners)*
Regular Team (5 or 6 runners)
Extra Credit (3 or 4 runners)
Dynamic Duo (2 runners)
Hard Core (one runner)
*One slot available for American Cancer Society, see Charities page for details.
July 30 - Oct 4
What is a Virtual Relay? Gorgeous Running together - wherever we are!
- We've assigned the length of each leg based on our dream Gorgeous Relay course.
- Teams run (or walk) the legs wherever you are!
- We've designed the event so you can run it as a one day relay. BUT - this is a No Sweep event! Run, walk, or skip as you wish. Your team can do your 12 legs over whatever time period you choose through the end of the day on Sunday, October 4.
- You upload your distance (and time if you'd like) to your team's page to see your virtual progress on a map through the Columbia Gorge. Results page and links will be live September 1-October 5.
I'm in! What do I do?
- Register. Registration is just $5 per person - open throughout September. Swag = great prizes in our photo contests and raffles!
- Decide when your team will run. We encourage you to participate on 2020 Gorgeous Relay day Sunday, September 13 but the event is open throughout October 4 if another day is better, or - enter twice!
- Print your bib, put on your best Gorgeous gear and go!
- As each team member finishes their leg, upload the distance (and time if you'd like) to see your virtual progress through the Columbia Gorge. Results page will be live and you can submit your results starting in September. (RunSignUp even has a tutorial page to Submit and Manage Virtual Results.)
- Share photos of your day to inspire your team, and each other. Use #GVR2020 and #imagorgeousrunner to follow along with other teams. Tag us @imagorgeousrunner or on Facebook at Gorgeous Series to get added to the social media story, and entered to Win Prizes in photo contest categories!
- NEW - snag a 2020 Gorgeous Runner buff! We use the 2016 Gorgeous Relay buff constantly these days. Pulls up and down easily when you need to pass someone on the sidewalk or trail. Get one online or during registration. Ships on arrival September 14.